Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Fabulous mood!

I've been experiencing a lot of positive changes recently! I went back for another yoga session today, and I just feel so much more gratuitous every time I go to a yoga class. I still have a problem with bashing myself for not being able to do the poses right, but in the moment, I understand that yoga is about doing what's best for you and it's not about pushing yourself too hard. The people around me care if I hurt myself, for a variety of reasons, and I'd certainly care if I hurt myself. And how I handle my yoga is definitely how I should handle my life. Do myself the better service of pushing myself and having new experiences and testing my limits, but not going out of my way to overexert myself in ways I know will be detrimental. But also, be determined and consistent.

I ran into a friend I haven't seen in person in over 6 months! That friend was able to pick me up off the ground in a hug, and that's not something I think that they would have been able to do over 6 months ago. It really made me think about where I am and where I want to be with my own physical stature. The friend did admit that they had to make some sacrifices to get to where they are, or at least for it to show. That friend is a bike mechanic so surely they would gain some strength in the line at work, but for it to show as well as it does means that they had to cut the carbs. I love carbohydrates! I just couldn't see my life without them, but I can also stand to take in more protein. I don't watch what I eat, and I've decided to dramatically decrease my meat intake. Even if I don't cut back on the carbs, I still need to pick up on the protein to be able to stay standing.

I also went into a sauna, for the first time! It felt so good to sweat in dry heat! Walking back out into the air-conditioned locker room was painfully invigorating!

Over the past few days, I had my very first Couchsurfing guest! For the first time, I was on the other side of the experience, and it was amazing! I'm very fortunate that my first guest was enthusiastic about being in the area! I'm also very fortunate that I have roommates and a lot of friends to help me entertain! And a huge bonus for this guest also having hosted people, so I could get more feedback on that part of the experience and have better Insight on where I want to be with how I want to navigate and guide the influence with the type of hosting experience I want to have.

Much to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment