Tuesday, October 22, 2019

trying to get to general Assembly next year! // other travel plans!

I've already put in ten times more effort than previous years to try to get out to the Unitarian universalist association general Assembly! Next year it will be in Providence Rhode island, and I love Providence Rhode island! biggest my biggest issue in Providence Rhode island is that it's a small population and not a whole lot to do. My other biggest issue is that it's one of those small places that spread out making it hard to access. They could definitely stand a condensed Providence Rhode island, because there's not a whole lot there. And condensing it would make it more accessible. And will probably give it more stuff to do.

but if ever in my life I really wanted to hardcore settle down and have some serious peace and quiet, I know where to go. like, I'm in my fifties, I have adopted teenagers, ready to raise my kids. And then whenever I feel spunky, I can go hit up a rave at a warehouse squat. And I can do it anytime without any expectations. If I'm really bored is not hard to get to other places with more population and more events.

Back to the more near future! It would take a lot to get me to pass up going to Providence Rhode island again. I don't know if I qualify for any youth grants, outside of my age and being a person of color in lgbtq I'm not in any leadership roles at a congregation I'm not even a member of any congregations. If I don't qualify for any grants, I'm going to sign up as a volunteer and just hope and pray that I have the money to cover my travel and other expenses to get me too, enjoy my time while I'm out there, and get me from.

The following year is Milwaukee Wisconsin. I'm not going to go out of my way to get to Milwaukee, but if I move to Madison by that time, it's not inconveniencing me to go.

The following year is Portland Oregon. That's big maybe. But if I make the track all the way out to Portland I'm going to want to be out there for at least two weeks. But I'm not all that inspired to go out to the West coast anymore. And even and looking at it from a distance, Portland is overrated.

AND 2023 IS THE IRREFUTABLE, UNDENIABLE, UNMATCHABLE, REMARKABLE PITTSBURGH PENNSYLVANIA! Somebody would have to do a lot to keep me out of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania! Hopefully by then, I'll live there or I'll live somewhere close by. I highly doubt I'll still be here. But wherever I am I'm going to make all my efforts to get out to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania!

I'm not trying to be in Minneapolis Minnesota in 2023. Something tells me that this place isn't going to change. At least not for the better. It's definitely going to change for the worse in terms of gentrification. the good thing about Minneapolis is that it's not hard to get out of there. I can go to Omaha, Lincoln, Madison, Chicago, and a long list of other places if I'm going to go any further south. But really, I'm looking at Omaha a lot because I haven't been there yet. I just need a reason to go down there for a community that I connect with, and Branch off on my own from that connection. 

Iowa isn't totally out of the question, but it sounds like every place in Iowa would be too small for me. But I'm totally not opposed to visit. It's always better to see for myself. Iowa City, Boise, and Des Moines.

as long as I know I want to go I have a better chance of being able to get there!


No comments:

Post a Comment