Sunday, September 22, 2019

The "men can't get raped" guy from a few years ago

Yesterday, at twin cities Zine fest, a person I met from a few years ago was there. This is one of many unfortunate people that I met at Minneapolis couch crash three or four years ago. This particular guy was an advocate for men not being able to be sexually assaulted, when -of course- A man was telling us about how he was sexually assaulted.

I'm glad I went to Madison couch crash, because if I had seen him without going I probably would have reacted differently. At the same time, he's really no one to remember. But I wanted to point out how withered he looked over just a few years since the last time I saw him. I don't know what he's been through, but he looked more almost 10 years older than the few years I saw him, and people around here are usually in pretty good health. Of course, health is also an individual thing.

it was kind of scary though. With him looking like that, I was thinking " Eww! how do I look?" Then again, I don't live in a world where I don't think men can get sexually assaulted, so it doesn't matter how I look!

No comments:

Post a Comment