Monday, April 15, 2019

Needed time off

there was a three-day blizzard, and I was unwell for all three of those days. And oncoming cold, and leg pain going up and down stairs.

coincidentally, before this I decided that I needed to take a break from work. A well needed break from the bureaucracy and chaos. An objectively good change was made, but no other decisions were made around it, so it offset a lot of our functionality. I feel very thrown under the bus as an employee, for the changes that they made for only one purpose that threw most everything else off. after a few conversations and asking HR what's going on, I got sick of it. More literally than I thought! I left work a week ago thinking about how I should take a break, and then a blizzard and sickness and leg pains blow in! And I got my tax return, so if the sick time I put in for doesn't get approved, I won't be suffering. But I'll be pissed off nonetheless, for the sake of employee rights.

And it doesn't help that are standing supervisor try to guilt me And to come into work. Or talk down to me about calling in sick. maybe I would have been more considerate had that not happened, but that fuckary cemented my decision to call out. Of course, I emailed HR, because it's not my job to confront people directly. if they want to fire me because I make it clear I'm not putting up with any employment class bullshit, I can find another job. Hell, I may have already! and I still better get my sick time, because I filed for it before they fired me! (Honestly, I like my job. I'm not going to put up with bullshit, though.)

I've made a lot of little purchases, but I finally got a new backpack and tablet to replace the ones that got stolen. Ordered a new phone, for an upgrade! Got a new air bed to replace the one that broke, last year. And I ordered a phone stand and USB microphone! I'm going to make ASMR and other content with those! I'm looking forward to making higher-quality video content, as I'm hoping it will be a viable source of income! I hope that people will enjoy my content, and feel compelled to donate to something that gives them Joy! even though ASMR is the goal, this equipment will open up a lot of other opportunities. Maybe doing voice overs and other stuff that I have thought about doing! I'm just excited about all the new possibilities that I'll be able to produce in a more acceptable quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment