Saturday, April 20, 2019

Digital Nomad set up?

I've been talking myself into setting up to be a digital Nomad for my next round of travels, in a few years.

I'm starting to order things now, and joining social groups, and seeing what works. it's all a matter of equipment and being able to generate money. Mostly remote jobs. I want to be able to afford hostels and hotels, or build personal relationships from a long distance so I'll have someone that I know that I can stay with when I visit a place, while I travel.

I'm probably not going to totally get out of shelters, I've been played dirty by couchsurfing hosts too many times. Of course, I've met great people and had times I wouldn't trade for anything! But the bad times made me wish I could afford a hostel or hotel, and I don't want to have to wish for that anymore. Also areas that are saturated with certain types of people that don't like certain types of people -like myself-, and I can't find a place to stay, and there are either no shelters or they're all closed by the time I've realized I'm in trouble.

At the core, I need to be able to afford emergency transportation and lodging, or a last-minute bus ticket to a different location. In thriving success, I want to be able to afford leisurely transportation and lodging, and really enjoy myself in comfort. Staying with someone I already know in a comfortable setting would also be grand!

Full transparency, there is some great shelters out there. What sucks is having to walk around with all your stuff all day, unless you find a place to hide it or the rare occasion the place you're staying has access to some sort of cheap or free lockers. And I can stand to stay in the shelter as bad as the Salvation Army one in Colorado Springs or Cleveland for a week. the shelters were people really worse off are the ones with the early turkeys. Some shelters in New Mexico have a curfew of 4 pm. a lot of places still have free food and a place to sit your stuff.

I've been wanting change for a long time, though. And I'm now in the right position in life to be able to make that happen. I'm not going to waste this opportunity! And I hope more opportunities open because of this!




No comments:

Post a Comment