Saturday, February 27, 2016

Sometimes, one looks back

I recently looked at the blogs and art on sites that I've been on (and off) of for a long time. There are a few site that I've been on for 5 to 10 years, already. On some blogs I could go back as far as '09. To me, that's a long way back - it was 3 years before I got my GED. That means it was after the main part of my depressive stages as a teenager after I dropped out of school There are some things that I thought would change with time, or would change when I changed the environment, but it turns out that a personality doesn't change.

What can be said is that the changes that were made were no-doubt necessary for my own sake. I'm glad I'm no longer in that place, with those people, doing those things. No more bad company due to lack of self worth. No more "so-called" loved ones only using me and denying me my true self. So many personal wars have ended, while other small battle rage on, but I know that closure doesn't exist. Battles and wars will continue for as long as I live. I will try to make the wars shorter, and the battles less bloody, but that is all I can try to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment