Thursday, October 25, 2018

This bitch right here! (Getting called a misogynist)

I left work and came home early, due to a lot of different things. The room was really sharp today and I didn't even feel good about that because of how people are addressing each other. well first of all, I walked in on my co-workers listening to a podcast by the biphobic piece of shit, himself, Dan Savage. We talked about that issue, and that was fine. I just knew that things were going downhill from there, even though my coworkers were super supportive.

the main event was when it got to my turn to do the checking, and I went into Halloween because that's my jam! I talked about Halloween costume ideas, and how I hate pre-packaged store-bought costumes. It's not that I even went on a tirade. I gave more attention to my costume ideas for the year. people talk about how expensive costumes are, but you can go to a thrift store and throw on some ensembles together to make a costume. I also learned about the term "closet cosplay", which I totally appreciate! and the last thing I said was "even if it's a catsuit put something on it that you did yourself or through together yourself and be a sexy cat!" and a person that I have had two less than 5 minute conversations with open need to boast how offended she was about how objectifying sexy cats are two women.

My complete thought was "even though a sexy cat is simple in generic, I have more respect for something that someone threw together rather than a preset store-bought costume, no matter how simple or run-of-the-mill it is." But this overly sensitive Sudan felt the need to turn my vague comment into a objectifying, misogynistic threat. And yes, those are the words that she used. Of course, I told her off at the table as quickly as she confronted me, but I have no appreciation for someone who is willing to publicly humiliate someone over some bullshit like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment