Saturday, March 04, 2017

Peace-ing out?

After coming up on a year, things aren't going my way around here. I thought resigning to a mainstream life would solve my problems, but I can't commit to selling my soul. I'm not living a %100 mainstream life, and I'll accept that i never will, because now I accept that it's what makes me happy. Travels, meeting new people, and seeing new places is what makes me happy. And, I'm happy doing it without a place to go back to.

I might be heading out to Portland, OR to see what's going on out there. At this point, I feel like I'm wasting away at a cash reg putting money in someone else's pocket and nothing's going to change if I stay here. I'm getting a long with my other housemate, and a new person is moving in but that's still not enough. I'll still be in this house with people I'm not even %75 with without being able to enjoy the whole house. We have a porch but it's filled with trash. We have a bal, but someone has to move into that room because we're behind on the utilities. If I'm so bad off I can't afford to enjoy the whole house than I don't want it at all. I can have the whole outside to myself, sleeping under the trees with a lovely night sky. I don't need these scrubs to be happy. In fact, my life has been worst since I moved in here.

Things with the job have also gone poorly. There was a scheduling mess up with my availability change that I wasn't responsible for, but I had to figure out how to cover it. I told them I might have to call out because of this, and they said that was unacceptable. I didn't want to find someone to cover it, and I couldn't call out without being fired, so I conceded to accepting the shift with much resentment. And, that was the last straw in the box. I can play the game for as long as I have to, but that won't be much longer. I'm going to use my future earnings to buy some stock. I talked about this a long time ago, but stock from local businesses is easier to buy and there's plenty to go around in Minneapolis, alone. Not big investments, but easy to get and for a starter like me.

I know to work, though. I enjoy having duties and responsibilities and people being able to count on me. And, I want what will make things easier, and right now that's money. Those things are obtainable without people that don't know how to do their own availability sheets. Not that the problem didn't get fixed, but the fact that all the happened is unacceptable for me. I'm also taking  chance on moving to a different department, if all goes well.

If all doesn't go well it's off to Portland come June with no intention of returning. Maybe not every goal will be accomplished but some investments will be made to benefit future endeavors. I have good feelings about Portland, despite knowing negative things about the city. If things don't work out, I have many other places near by to consider. And, I can continue my travels from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment