Saturday, January 21, 2017

An actual post - Protesting, Happy New Year!

It's been a good few months since a personal post, and not music. A lot of big things have been going on, and I've been more into sharing them with my f&f, instead of here. Given our current political climate, I know I'm going to go through a lot of changes - some of them I'll dislike. I'm putting up a list of goals, next to a list of activism, next to a list of distractions to get myself through the next 4 years.

Right now, I'm going through a lot of emotional stuff with the protests I've been attending and how I take part. I reject bigotry, but I don't feel comfortable with angry, and I don't want people to get hurt. At the some time, there are people out there that want to hurt me, my f&f, and the the communities I identify with. And, as much as I would rather live in a utopia of joy and acceptance I know that's not going to happen.

I feel excited, scared, and eager! That's as simple as it can be said, and I know any others have a wide variety of unexplainable feelings, right now. We know what we're angry. we what we're angry about. We don;t know how we should handle it, but we know the way we've been handling it doesn't work because all this has happened. Democracy isn't working.

No comments:

Post a Comment