Friday, September 28, 2018

Selling the house

We have been informed that the landlord has sold the house. I freaked out for some good few hours about it. I apologized and cried to the 2 older house mates (that turned out to be moving out anyway). I have my feelings and my reasons, but if this is where we part ways, I don't want it to end with us glaring and avoiding each other in public.

But, before I go, I want to see the legitimate paperwork as proof of sales. Selling a house is nothing that happens suddenly. We should have been informed that the house was going on the market, so we would have had a chance to offer a bid first because we already live here. But the house didn't even officially go on the market, according to the internet. And the house has been remortgage, it seems dubious for the landlord to have the legal right to privately sell it. Additionally, the house was never shown to anyone.

I also asked for the new person's information to see if the new landlord would be okay with us living here. If this cat's a lair, we're going to find out very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment